This my BOB Revolution Flex Stroller Review. I hope that it helps you to decide whether or not this is the best jogging stroller for you and your baby.
The BOB 2016 Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller is one of a handful of new products introduced by this company in 2016.
The Revolution Flex model is their mid-range jogging stroller. With the Revolution Flex, BOB have taken the very popular BOB Revolution SE stroller and improved upon it in one very important area – the handlebar!
The handlebar on the Revolution Flex stroller is a massive improvement over the SE version and you can read about it (and see it in action in the videos) below.
There is also a new BOB 2016 Revolution Pro stroller available, which has the same new handlebar as the Flex Model, but also comes with a hand brake for those who like to go up and down hills with their stroller.
So, what features can you expect to find on the BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller?
BOB 2016 Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller Explained
I am not going to bore you with a long list of detailed explanations of every single little feature that the Revolution Flex offers.
Many of the features are self-explanatory and there are some videos towards the bottom of this page that will give you a much better idea of how the Revolution Flex performs.
There are, however, a few important safety and convenience features that I do want to explain.
1. The BOB 2016 Revolution Flex – Best Features
You can find the full list of specifications below but, for me, the BOB 2016 Revolution Flex Stroller’ s best features are as follows.
- It comes with an absolutely huge canopy to offer maximum protection for your baby whatever the weather conditions. There is not much point owning a jogging stroller if you can only go out in it when the weather is perfect.
- The stroller is very easy to fold flat so that you can transport it to your favorite jogging location without having to buy a ridiculously over-sized vehicle.
- The suspension can be adjusted to suit the terrain.
- It just performs really well as a jogging stroller. It is not a compromised “hybrid” stroller pretending to be a jogging stroller. Some other manufacturers have compromised on some of the “jogging” functionality in order to please those who mostly want to use a stroller getting about in suburban areas. The BOB 2016 Revolution Flex, however, functions as a genuine jogging stroller rather than a more clunky hybrid.
- Although it is a genuine jogging stroller, it can also be used around town. Unlike the BOB Ironman Stroller, it does not have a fixed front wheel for those that just want a jogging stroller and nothing more.
2. The BOB 2016 Revolution Flex – The Adjustable Handelbar
Unlike the basic SE model, the Revolution Flex stroller comes with a long-overdue adjustable handlebar.
The lack of an adjustable handlebar on the SE Model prevented it from really being considered the top of its class so far as jogging strollers are concerned. Its such an important and simple feature to add that I wonder why it took them so long.
In order to use a jogging stroller safely and comfortably, you need to be able to set the handlebar at a height that suits you rather than some fictional “average” person.
There are 9 different height settings for you to choose from when using the Revolution Flex stroller and they range between about 34 and 45 inches. You should be able to find the perfect handlebar height for you amongst those 9 options.
3. The BOB 2016 Revolution Flex – Other Features
The other features that you can find on the BOB 2016 Revolution Flex are:
- Swiveling front wheel for improved maneuverability
- Locking front wheel for stability when jogging or using in tough terrain
- Easy, two step folding system.
- Lightweight frame
- Adjustable suspension system gives a smooth ride
- Accessory adapter allows for quick & easy attachment of the Infant Car Seat Adapter or Snack Tray. Infant Car Seat Adapters available for BRITAX/BOB, Graco, Chicco and Peg Perego infant seats.
- Comfortable Ultra-padded, adjustable reclining seat
- Five point padded harness
- Very Large Multi-position canopy
- High-impact polymer composite wheels with pneumatic tires
- Adjustable Padded handlebar for comfort
- Extra-large Low Boy Cargo Basket
- Integrated pockets to store snacks, drinks and other necessities
- Wrist strap to prevent stroller escaping
- Limited five-year warranty on the frame & one-year on the small parts and fabric
4. BOB 2016 Revolution Flex – Safety Issues
You should make sure to read the User Manual carefully prior to using any jogging stroller and this is not a full description of every single safety issue that you need to be aware of.
Perhaps the most important thing for new parents to understand is that you cannot jog using one of these strollers with a newborn baby onboard.
The relevant age restrictions for each mode of use are as follows:
- 0 to 8 weeks – walk only with Car Seat Adaptor (stroller itself does not recline enough for a newborn baby)
- 8 weeks to 8 months – Walk Only (no need to use Car Seat Adaptor)
- 8 months to 5 years – Walk or Jog (Can go Off-Road)
The maximum child weight for the Revolution Flex Stroller is 75 pounds.
The maximum child height for Revolution Flex Stroller is 44 inches.
Always make sure that you use the wrist strap when jogging.
You should also make sure that the seat is fixed in the upright position.
BOB 2016 Revolution Flex – Fabric Color Options
Here are some of the fabric color options for the BOB 2016 Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller.
Video Reviews of the BOB 2016 Revolution Flex
Here are some useful Video Reviews of the BOB 2016 Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller .
The first video contains a more detailed description of the basic features that all of the BOB Jogging Strollers share.
The second video is a specific review of the Flex model.
Finally, the third video describes the differences between the Flex and Pro models.
BOB Revolution Flex Stroller – My Verdict
The BOB Revolution Flex stroller is a massive improvement over the older SE model.
If you are trying to keep fit by using a jogging stroller, but want to avoid developing a bad back (or other injury) just because the handlebar is fixed in a position that is inappropriate for your height, then the Flex model really is worth the extra cash.
If you want the benefits of a hand brake and an adjustable handlebar, then you should check out of the Pro model instead.
Get in Touch
If you have any thoughts to share about my BOB Revolution Flex Stroller Review, please just leave a comment in the box below