BOB Revolution SE BOB Revolution Flex
If you are looking for a top-of-the-range premium single jogging stroller, then the BOB Revolution series is the obvious place to start.
The BOB Revolution SE jogging stroller has been on the market for many years now and yet it still remains a popular choice for those parents who like to keep active and get some exercise whilst pushing their baby around.
There is now a BOB Revolution Flex model for you to consider. The Revolution Flex comes with most of the same high-end features that you will find on the older SE model, but there are a couple of very significant improvements for you to consider.
This is my comparison review of the BOB Revolution SE and BOB Revolution Flex jogging strollers and I hope that the information provided is helpful to you when deciding which one of these products is best for you and your child.
Before I take a look at the important differences between these BOB Revolution jogging strollers, I just want to explain the key features that you will find on both of them.
So, what are the similarities between these strollers?
BOB Revolution SE vs Revolution Flex – Similarities
Rather than write in great detail about each of the specific features on the Revolution SE and Revolution Flex jogging strollers, I am simply going to list the key features.
Most are self-explanatory and, if you need any further details, you can watch the excellent “Baby Gizmo” Video Reviews towards the bottom of this page.
The Key Features
The key features that can be found on both the BOB Revolution SE and the BOB Revolution Flex jogging strollers are:
- Swiveling front wheel for enhanced maneuverability
- Wheel locks for increased stability whilst jogging or in tough terrain
- Easy, two step folding, lightweight frame for convenient transport and storage
- Adjustable suspension system for an exceptionally smooth ride
- Accessory adapter allows for quick & easy attachment of the Infant Car Seat Adapter or Snack Tray. Infant Car Seat Adapters available for BRITAX/BOB, Graco, Chicco and Peg Perego infant seats.
- Ultra padded, adjustable reclining seat for enhanced seating comfort, five point padded harness keeps your child comfortably secure
- Very Large Multi-position canopy adjusts for protection against the elements
- High-impact polymer composite wheels with pneumatic tires and tubes take on tough terrain
- Padded handlebar for comfort
- Wrist strap helps you secure stroller
- Limited five-year warranty on the frame and a limited one-year warranty on the small parts and fabric
Child Safety Warning
You cannot jog using these strollers with a newborn baby onboard.
The relevant age restrictions for each mode of use are as follows:
- 0 to 8 weeks – walk only with Car Seat Adaptor (stroller itself does not recline enough for a newborn baby)
- 8 weeks to 8 months – Walk Only (no need to use Car Seat Adaptor)
- 8 months to 5 years – Walk or Jog (Can go Off-Road)
The maximum child weight for both strollers is 75 pounds.
The maximum child height for both strollers is 44 inches.
Always use the wrist strap when jogging and ensure that the seat is in the upright position.
You can find more information about the safe use of these strollers within the User Manual.
BOB Revolution SE vs Revolution Flex – Differences
1. Adjustable Handlebar
The Revolution Flex stroller has one major advantage over the previous Revolution SE model. Whereas the Revolution SE’s handlebar is set at a fixed height, the Revolution Flex has an adjustable handlebar.
The big advantages of this adjustable handlebar are pretty obvious. Parents and other caregivers come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and, if you want to use a jogging stroller comfortably and safely, you need a handlebar that is set at the right height for you.
Ideally, you don’t want to be stooping down or reaching up to push the stroller around (whether whilst walking or whilst jogging) and this is where the Revolution Flex is a real game changer in the BOB range of jogging strollers.
The handlebar on the Revolution Flex can be put into 9 different height positions by simply pressing the big red buttons on the side of the handlebar and then moving it to the desired setting. The handlebar height range (from the ground) is from about 34 to 45 inches, and you ought to be able to find the perfect setting for you whatever your size.
2. Color Options
The Revolution Flex is available in different color options to the Revolution SE model.
BOB Revolution Flex
BOB Revolution SE
Videos of the BOB Revolution SE & Flex in Action
Here are some useful Videos of the BOB Revolution SE & Flex Jogging Strollers in Action …
BOB Revolution SE vs Revolution Flex – My Verdict
I would strongly advise you to buy the BOB Revolution Flex rather than the Revolution SE model. If you are trying to keep fit by using a jogging stroller, you really don’t want to develop a bad back (or other injury) because the handlebar is fixed in a position that is inappropriate for your height.
The adjustable handlebar is a massive improvement and I really love the funky color options too.
Find Bob Revolution Strollers in Canada
Get in Touch
If you have any thoughts to share about my BOB Revolution SE vs Revolution Flex Comparison Review, please just leave a comment in the box below.